I have finally released the info that I’ve been holding for over a year now: Luc, Violette and I are going on a 1 year leave of absence from our government jobs and travelling the world. I can finally be authentic in my speaking and sharing. There is so much freedom and excitement in that.
So what does this mean? Well, I can speak about my coaching business in relation to my travelling the world. The reason I started my coaching practice was to create more financial abundance while we travel. (Instead of spending all our money without an income coming in.)
Looking at how I relate to money about this trip and in life is my next blog post.
The work of a life coach is: partnering with your client to help to create and manifest their project, goals, desires and dreams. Travelling for a year with my family is also a dream of mine. Who would I be to not live my truth? How could I be a life coach if I also wasn’t living my dream?
I get it. It’s hard, it’s scary, it’s waaaaaaaay outside your comfort zone to live and breathe your dreams. Every day I’m getting closer to my dream, seeing what it’s going to take to get us there, constantly moving through comfort to uncomfortable. And I have no doubt that it’s going to be so amazing, so back to my being, so soul filling, so much adventure, growth, peace, angst, love, desire.
So where are we going? Well it seems to change daily (thanks hubby for helping make it impossible for me to plan :P) Here’s what we have chosen so far:
- Leave mid-July 2018
- Fly with one way point tickets to New York
- Get cheap flight from New York to Switzerland (CH)/France (undetermined where exactly currently)
- Try to be in CH for Aug 1 (national holiday)
- Cote d’Azure to visit family in Aug
- Violette starts school in CH mid-August
- Robin leaves for Camino de Santiago beginning of September
- Luc meets Robin for last 100 km.
- 2 weeks of holidays for Violette Oct (Germany/Italy)
- Leave for Sri Lanka/Maldives first week of January
- Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia (not in that order)
- Phillipines, Bali
- west coast of Australia, great barrier reef
- Home July 2019.
Now we prepare to leave. UPDATE: We just bought our first one way tickets! We’ve bought our backpacks, getting the house ready to convert our level to an Airbnb, finding someone to look after our rentals, passports are in the works (France), renewing other various ID, researched vaccinations (thanks Kim!), worked out a budget, where we need to get visas, and started a fabulous TRELLO board (well many actually) to keep track of the project. So much more to go. I can’t wait.